Amadou Haidara will move from FC Red Bull Salburg to RB Leipzig on the 1st January 2019, making him RBL's second signing of the January transfer window. The 20-year-old Mali international has signed a long-term contract until 2023, and will wear the number 8 shirt.
The central midfielder is currently sidelined due to a ligament injury in his left knee, and will remain out for several more weeks.
Haidara started playing football at the JMG Academy in his Malian hometown of Bamako, before koving to Austrian side FC Liefering in the summer of 2016. Just one year later, Amadou made the move to the Austrian Bundesliga, transferring to FC Red Bull Salzburg. He made his international debut for the Mali senior team in October 2017, and has since won six caps.
- "We are delighted to have signed Amadou. We've been following his progress in Salzburg, as he's grown into an absolutely exceptional talent there. There aren't too many players of his age who have so much potential. He has all the capabilities to follow in Naby Keïta's footsteps. Of course, it's a shame that he won't be able to play for a bit due to injury, but we hope that he's back to full fitness soon, and will be able to play a part in the second half of the season."
- "I'm very pleased to have joined RB Leipzig, and of course, get the opportunity to play in the Bundesliga. My priority now is to get back to full fitness as soon as possible. I'm on the right track but I still need time until I'm ready to play. I'm really motivated and can't wait to join up with the squad in Leipzig. Playing here will help me to further develop and also prove myself in the Bundesliga."
- Date of Birth: 31st January 1998 in Bamako (Mali)
- Age: 20
- Nationality: Malian
- Preferred foot: Right
- Height: 1.75m
- Position: Central Midfield
- Shirt Number: 8
- 07/2017 until 12/2018: FC Red Bull Salzburg
- 07/2016 until 06/2017: FC Liefering
- Youth club: JMG Academy Bamako
- Bundesliga (Austrian first division): 48 Games | 6 Goals | 12 Assists
- 2. Liga (Austrian second division): 25 Games | 2 Goals | 5 Assists
- ÖFB-Cup (Austrian cup): 10 Games | 2 Goals | 4 Assists
- Europa League: 18 Games | 3 Goals | 1 Assist
- Europa League Qualification: 2 Games | 1 Assist
- Champions League Qualification: 5 Games | 1 Assist
- UEFA Youth League: 6 Games | 2 Assists
- National Team: 6 Senior Caps