Die Roten Bullen are aiming to build on their formidable away record. After a trip to Augsburg to secure our place in the DFB-Pokal semifinals, we travel to Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday, wanting to continue our brilliant away record of late. Kick-off is at 15:30 CEST in the BayArena.
In a press conference before the game, coach Ralf Rangnick spoke about the upcoming clash and the squad situation.
- "I'm going off the basis that Leverkusen will lineup similarly to how they did against Hoffenheim. They attacked early in that game and could have scored more than one goal in that half. Leverkusen uncovered the holes in Hoffenheim's defence and utilised them well. So we have to assume that they will be on the front foot from the start against us as well. Conversely, we have to be similar to Hoffenheim in the second half and try and be strong in defence in order to create chances going forward. We know the problems Leverkusen can face with their play.
- After the Pokal game we'll train normally on Friday because recovery is the biggest concern after a match. I think that we will be fresh again by Saturday and I can imagine that Lukas Klostermann will play again. The same goes for Emil, who wasn't available for the game in Augsburg."
- Lukas Klostermann is available for the game in leverkusen after recovering from a muscle injury.
- Emil Forsberg is also available again.
- Tyler Adams (adductor injury) will not be available for Saturday's game.
- Dayot Upamecano and Emile Smith-Rowe are both out.
- Willi Orban, Diego Demme and Stefan Ilsanker are at risk of suspension, having each received four yellow cards.