Die Roten Bullen have the chance to go third when they play TSG Hoffenheim on Monday.
Ahead of the match, coach Ralf Rangnick spoke about…
- "Hoffenheim have had the most shots of any side in the Bundesliga. When in possession, they can mix up their style of play. We want to try to prevent them from settling in the match, but this won't be easy."
"It won't be easy for us tomorrow night. However, we have shown twice this season that we can defeat Hoffenheim. We want to repeat this success tomorrow - we're playing for a win!"
…the state of the table:
- "It will be an interesting match, as a win for both teams is vital in the race for Europe. We have the clear aim of securing points at home tomorrow night. We want to build on our current league position."
…the current state of the squad:
- "With the exception of three long-term absentees, everyone else is available, including Kevin Kampl and Emil Forsberg. Kevin has trained the whole week, while Emil returned to full training yesterday pain-free.
This means we now have plenty of choice and we're forced to go without two players, who won't make the squad. If Dayot Upamecano, Emile Smith Rowe and Amadou Haidara all come back in the next two to three weeks, then they'll be even more options and alternatives."
- Kevin Kampl (ankle) und Emil Forsberg (knee) are fit and available for tomorrow.
- Willi Orban, Stefan Ilsanker and Diego Demme go into the game having accrued four yellow cards already this season. One more yellow card would result in a one-match suspension.
- Konrad Laimer is back from suspension.