Die Roten Bullen are looking for their first home win of 2019 in the Bundesliga on Saturday (18:30 CET) against Hertha BSC.
Ahead of the match, head coach Ralf Rangnick discussed the upcoming opponents and the current squad situation.
Ralf Rangnick on...
... the forthcoming match:
- "Hertha have a good mix of defensive stability and courageous play up front. We've got to put in a good performance on Saturday - we want to. If we put our plans in action, then I'm sure we can get our first home win of the 2019
- We have become more efficent and are scoring more goals from set-pieces. We have to start creating more opportunities ourselves, so that we have a greater chance of scoring even more goals."
... Timo Werner:
- „Timo Werner is getting back to his best. He scored a vey important goal for us against Schalke. His form is improving and I'm convinced that he will put in a strong performance against Hertha - just like the rest of the team."
- Lukas Klostermann suffered a muscle injury against Serbia and will miss the game against Berlin.
- Dayot Upamecano is also unavailable for the Hertha match. It will be another three to four weeks before he can resume full team training.
- Emile Smith-Rowe is training with the team in parts, and is slowly being given a bigger workload.
- Yussuf Poulsen will rejoin team training tomorrow.
- Willi Orban, Diego Demme and Stefan Ilsanker have currently all picked up four yellow cards so far this season.