After the 2-1 victory against Borussia Mönchengladbach, Leipzig’s attention turns to the DFB-Pokal, as Die Roten Bullen travel to Hamburg for the semi-final of the cup on Tuesday (kick off 20:45 CEST). Around 4,400 fans will travel to the Volksparkstadion.
Ralf Rangnick spoke to the media on the situation ahead of the game as well as team news.
- “Out of all the semi-finalists we are the only team who has faced three Bundesliga sides. We were able to knock all three of them out and want to win on Tuesday as well, and reach the final. Of course as a club we want to win the cup in only our third year in the Bundesliga.
- HSV will give everything they’ve got and will have the home support. However, we will travel to Hamburg full of self-belief. At the end of the day, reaching the final is the only thing that matters. Everyone in the club wants to make this dream a reality.
- HSV will try to create goalscoring chances and find solutions to our style. On their day, they are first division standard. Therefore we need a similar standard of performance as we have had recently. It will be important to dominate the ball. Aditionally, we need to be quick in transition upon winning possession. We need to make use of our quality when we have possession. Overall we need the best possible performance in order to progress.”
- Tyler Adams (adductor), Dayot Upamecano (knee) and Yvon Mvogo (knee ligament) will all miss the game through injury.
- Felix Brych will be the referee on Tuesday.