A crunch match for the Champions League! Die Roten Bullen face fifth place Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday (18:30), hoping to build on the strong recent form.
Ralf Rangnick spoke about the upcoming match and player availability in today's press conference.
- "It is the game of all games for us on Saturday. A win would all but ensure Champions League football, while a draw would also bring us closer to that goal. Despite that, we need to be cautious, because we know how much immense quality Gladbach have. Particularly in attack, they have great options.
- In order to beat Borussia, we need to have a good balance off the ball and have enough concentration in the transitional moments. We need full focus on this game, then we can worry about the DFB-Pokal semi-final.
- "We have good options right now. I'm happy that we are spoilt for choice. The way everyone is playing, every position is well covered.
- But we won't pick the team on Saturday, thinking about who should be rested for the cup semi-final. We absolutely want to take something home from Gladbach and then take the maximum from the final six weeks."
- Yussuf Poulsen (illness) is recovered and available to face Gladbach.
- Willi Orban is available after serving suspension.
- Tyler Adams (adductor) and Dayot Upamecano (knee) are still unavailable.
- Jean-Kevin Augustin has been training individually after illness and is a maybe for Saturday.
- Yvon Mvogo still injured (knee ligament).
- Stefan Ilsanker and Diego Demme are both currently on four yellow cards.