In their final match of the 2018/19 Bundesliga season, RB Leipzig travel to face SV Werder Bremen on Saturday afternoon (15:30 CEST).
In his press conference ahead of the trip to face the Green-Whites, head coach Ralf Rangnick spoke about Die Roten Bullen's final match of the league campaign as well as squad updates for this match and the DFB-Pokal final a week later.
- "We're looking forward to the match against Werder Bremen. The hosts will want to take their chance to potentially qualify for the Europa League. The atmosphere in the stadium will be extraordinary as a result of this opportunity.
Bremen play a very precise game and place a lot of important on possession. It will be important for us to press well against the ball and use the opportunities we get to counter. We want to take all three points against Werder to end the Bundesliga season with an away with. We want to remain unbeaten at the final whistle on Saturday."
head coach RANGNICK on the DFB-Pokal final against fc bayern münchen:
- "For the first time, we have the chance to win a major trophy and we will give everything we have to secure the DFB-Pokal in Berlin. If we do this, we really do have a chance of being victorious."
- Tyler Adams has recovered from his adductor injury and is an option once more to feature in Bremen.
- Dayot Upamecano (bruised cartilage) has also returned to full fitness and is set to return to the squad to face the Green-Whites.
- Kevin Kampl suffered a minor knock to his ankle in training but should be able to recover in time for Saturday's match.