Die Roten Bullen face record champions FC Bayern München in their last home game of the current Bundesliga season. Kickoff in the Red Bull Arena is at 15:30 CEST this Saturday.
Ahead of the game, Ralf Rangnick previewed the match and gave a personnel update.
- "If you're top of the table after the final matchday, then you've deserved to win the title. We want to beat Bayern on Saturday, because winning could have a psychological boost ahead of the DFB-Pokal final. It helps of course that we beat them last season at home. It will be a brilliant game in front of a sold-out crowd, and the whole of Germany will be watching."
- "The decisive factors will be how well we play off the ball and things like preventing lots of useful balls coming in, for example. Lewandowski is coming and we have to work as a collective to allow the least amount of shots possible. We need to be brave and courageous against Bayern. The recent Champions League semi-finals have shown that courage is rewarded and earns success. We want to achieve the best possible end to the season and hopefully have something to celebrate."
- Tyler Adams is back fit and an option for Saturday.
- Konrad Laimer bruised his thigh in yesterday's training session, but could still play.
- Kevin Kampl is suspended.
- Stefan Ilsanker and Diego Demme (both four yellow cards) and Marcel Sabitzer (nine yellow cards) are one more caution away from a one-game suspension.