Ralf Rangnick on...
... the upcoming match against FC Augsburg
- "We saw how difficult it was for Dortmund to break down Augsburg's rigid style of play last Friday. Augsburg will play in a similar manner on Saturday with a compact defensive setup.
As a team we need to be able to adapt to different types of challenges and we need to be prepared for them. We know it won't be an easy match. Nevertheless we will approach the match with the self-belief that we can secure all three points."
... Amadou Haidara's current situation as he returns to full fitness:
- "It is great for us to see how much Amadou Haidara is enjoying training. We're pleased that it clearly was the right approach for us to be conservative and careful with his development. Physically, he is in a good state and the knee has coped with the intensive training sessions.
I think it makes sense for him to make a full return to the first team in the next international break. We will see whether he will be an option to face Hertha BSC."
... signing Emile Smith Rowe:
- "Emile is also making a lot of good progress. Signing Emile Smith Rowe is a short to mid-term project for us. Consequently, we definitely want to see how he will fit into our style of play. There is the option for us to negotiate with Arsenal over a potential extension of the loan deal."
- Timo Werner has recovered from a cold and returned to team training. He is likely to feature in the matchday squad against Augsburg.
- Diego Demme will miss the match against Augsburg with illness.
- Yussuf Poulsen had to leave today's training session early after suffering a calf problem. He is a doubt for Saturday and may not feature against Augsburg.
- Willi Orban and Stefan Ilsanker have both picked up four yellow cards so far this season and are one caution away from a one match suspension.