- "We played very well, and we were five minutes away from the perfect result. But the biggest positive is that we have a chance of progressing next week. It was important first and foremost that Emil played 90 minutes. He was everywhere tonight and he made the difference in the second half.
- "It's in the balance at 50/50. Zenit only need one goal in the second leg. I think we need at least one goal to progress as well, but we know we have the quality to do that any time."
- "Their goal was the only blemish on another wise very good performance. We're in a good position to qualify and we want to make the most of that next week."
- "The goals we scored tonight were so well worked. Conceding does hurt but if we play like that away from home Zenit will have to do a lot to beat us. We are always capable of scoring too."
- "We played really well in the second half, and we deserved to win. Conceding late on obviously hurts a bit but we have every chance of progressing in the competition."