Three big points that keep our European dreams alive! After four games without a win, die Roten Bullen put on an entertaining display to beat VfL Wolfsburg 4-1 in front of 41,487 spectators in our final home game of the season.
The visitors dominated the opening stages, but Leipzig soon assumed control of the game, opening up a two-goal lead through Ademola Lookman and Timo Werner. Daniel Didavi had pulled one back for the hosts early in the second half, before Lookman completed a brace minutes later and Jean-Kévin Augustin wrapped up the convincing victory.
The win sees Leipzig remain in sixth place ahead of the final matchday, but only two points separate us from fourth.
- Ralph Hasenhüttl made four changes to the team that lost in Mainz last week: Ibrahima Konaté, Bernardo, Dominik Kaiser and Jean-Kévin Augustin all coming into the starting XI.
- Dominik Kaiser led the team as captain on his final RBL home match.
- Ademola Lookman bagged his third and fourth goal of the season, while Timo Werner added his 12th and Jean-Kévin Augustin a seventh.
- Konrad Laimer returned to the team after four weeks on the sidelines with a thigh injury.
- U19s starlet Niclas Stierlin was in the matchday squad.