Our attacking all-rounder will remain at Leipzig! RB Leipzig have extended the contract of Marcel Sabitzer until June 2022. Previously, his contract ran until June 2021.
The 24-year-old has been at RB Leipzig since 2014 and was loaned to FC Red Bull Salzburg for one season. After his return in summer 2015, he was part of the side who got promoted to the Bundesliga. He also played a key part in Leipzig's second placed finish and qualification for the Champions League.
In the home game against Bayer 04 Leverkusen, the Austria international made his 100th appearance in a Leipzig shirt and scored his 22nd goal. Recently, he was also voted Austria football of the year for 2017.
Sporting director ralf rangnick.
- "Marcel has continually developed in the past three years. He has a good attitude and sets a good example on the pitch. Therefore, we're happy to continue helping him develop as a player."
- "I feel very happy here at RB Leipzig. I feel trusted and am delighted to extend my contract. I'm far from the end of my development and want to keep contributing to the team's progression. I think there's a lot left for RB Leipzig to achieve."
- Date of birth: 17th March 1994 (in Graz)
- Age: 24
- Nationality: Austria
- Shirt number: 7
- Preferred foot: Right
- Height: 177cm
- Position: midfield
- 54 Bundesliga appearances | 11 goals | 10 assists
- 32 Bundesliga 2 appearances | 8 goals | 5 assists
- 5 DFB-Pokal appearances | 3 goals
- 5 Champions League appearances | 3 assists
- 4 Europa League appearances
- In total:
100 games. 22 goals, 18 assists
- RBL achievements:
Promotion to Bundesliga 2016, Bundesliga runners-up 2017