Expedition Europa, part III! On Tuesday (20:45 CEST), Die Roten Bullen will host Portuguese side FC Porto in the third group stage match of this season's Champions League.
In the official press conference before the encounter, head coach Ralph Hasenhüttl and winger Bruma spoke about the upcoming opponents and the current personnel situation.
- "The UEFA Champions League is a different competition that also offers us the chance to be noticed. To make the next round, we have to win. In the first game against Monaco we were very close to getting all three points.
Porto are a robust and determined opponent in attack and they also work with a lot of discipline against the ball. We have to be highly concentrated and put in a committed performance.
I expect a very tactical game. Porto will come with confidence, but we have a chance of winning. The good thing is that almost every player has played the position that's important. If we implement everything we're planning on doing, then maybe tomorrow we'll get our first Champions League win.
With Bruma, we've worked a lot on working against the ball in games. His positioning was very good against Dortmund and he has slotted into the team fantastically. With his dribbling and deep runs, he's hugely dangerous."
- "I expect an opponent that's well manned in midfield and extremely dangerous up front. The team is very motivated and will play like in Monaco, where Porto won 3-0. We feel good and are fit - now we have to start recording wins in the Champions League
I've settled in well in Leipzig and I almost feel at home. The most important thing is to help the team to achieve its goals. I think I've adapted well to the Bundesliga.
- Lukas Klostermann has recovered from his muscle problem and will be included in the squad against Porto.
- Stefan Ilsanker against had problems with his broken toe after the game against Borussia Dortmund. It'll be decided before the game whether he is able to play tomorrow.
- Referee Paolo Tagliavento from Italy will officiate the game