Italian night in Leipzig! This Thursday at 19:00 CET, the Roten Bullen take on SSC Napoli once again in the second leg of their Europa League round of 32 clash in the RB Arena. Leipzig are hoping to build upon their 3-1 win in Naples.
Head coach Ralph Hasenhüttl and defender Konrad Laimer spoke to the press about the match on the horizon and gave an update on the fitness of the squad.
- "SSC have travelled with a full strength squad and will give a good account of themselves on Thursday evening. I'm expecting a tough fight. Napoli will give their all to turn around their deficit. Therefore, we can't take our foot off the gas!
After the 3-1 win away, we've put ourselves in a great position but we know how dangerous Napoli can be, especially with a returning Dries Mertens. We have to play cleverly and then we have a good chance of progressing.
It's our first Europa League game at home. That'll help push us on. Napoli will be raring to go and we have to be prepared for that. We need to put daylight between the teams and put the tie decisively in our favour."
- "It's not done and dusted yet. The game in Naples was the first half - now it's time for the second. We have to give everything from the first whistle to the last.
We have to work as a team to stop SSC Napoli as they have quality which can hurt us if we don't defend well."
- Bruma (knee injury) and Kevin Kampl (illness) are fully fit once again.
- Stefan Ilsanker is no longer suspended.
- Naby Keita has a thigh strain and will miss out.
- Willi Orban received stitches after Monday's game and will most likely not play on Thursday.
- Ademola Lookman is ineligible for selcetion as he featured for Everton earlier in the competition.
- Emil Forsberg's next appearance for Leipzig will be his 100th in a RBL shirt.