Expedition Europa continues on Thursday when Die Roten Bullen travel to Italy to face Napoli in the last 32 of the Europa League at 21:05 CET! 1,500 RBL Fans will cheer the team on in their first ever European knockout game tomorrow.
Ahead of the game, head coach Ralph Hasenhüttl and Yussuf Poulsen talked to the media about potential progession and the current squad sitaution.
"A very strong opponent is waiting for us, who currently lead their league. Napoli have so many players of top quality in their squad, particularly going forward. They don’t have too many weaknesses and they work for each other. It will be a big challenge for us. It almost feels like a Champions League tie. I am awaiting a high-tempo game with a lot of goalmouth action."
"We are in a knockout situation in Europe for the first time. The biggest difference to being in a group stage is that every goal means something. We know as well how vital away goals could be. We showed in Monaco what we are capable of on the road and so we want to make sure we are clinical going forward."
"We’re looking forward to having Emil Forsberg back in the squad. But we cannot expect too much from him so soon after such an injury. He needs to take things one step at a time. I have still not decided whether or not he will play a part."
"We are in good form at the moment and go into this game with a lot of confidence. We have won our last two league games and what’s more not conceded wither. We want to repeat thata again. I think it’s going to be a very good game."
"We know Napoli is a great club with a lot of tradition. But we don’t want to concern ourselves with that. We are treating the game like any other and we’ll do everything we can to get a result from the match."
- Marcel Sabitzer and Diego Demme have recovered from their respective colds and are available.
- Emil Forsberg returns to the squad after his stomach muscle injury.
- Stefan Ilsanker will miss Thursday’s game after being sent off last time out against Besiktas.
- Ademola Lookman is not eligible to play as he has already appeared for Everton in this competition this season.
- Marcel Halstenberg continues to recover from his long-term ACL injury.