Duel under the lights in the race for Europe! Die Roten Bullen will round out matchday 29 of the Bundesliga by facing Bayer Leverkusen in the Red Bull Arena on Monday night. Ralph Hasenhüttl previewed the clash, and discussed the state of his squad in front of the media on Sunday afternoon.
- Leverkusen are having a great season and Heiko Herrlich is doing a terrific job. There are lots of similarities between the two sides – both in the way they attack and close down. We know we are a force at home.
- We will have to work hard if we want to win. It’s important we play to our strengths – and we have managed to do that quite a lot this season. We are expecting a high quality 6-pointer! If we were to win we would have a four point gap. That would be a big step for us.
- It’s actually a very exciting and intensive phase for us. Everything is about to kick off in the next few weels. Up until now we have mastered everything thrown at us very well. We are determined to show that we can do it.
- We will need the support of the fans for sure for this one. Where we are in the table right now is testament to how important they have been for us thus far. We are on the up and hope they’ll get behind us tomorrow as well.
- Stefan Ilsanker is an option again after recovering from a capsule tear in his right knee.
- Bruma (Knee) and Lukas Klostermann (Achilles knock) still doubtful for Monday clash
- Konrad Laimer tore his hamstring in Thursday’s Europa League win over Marseille, and will be out for four to six weeks.
- Marcel Sabitzer and Diego Demme are both on the brink of suspension having picked up four yellow cards so far this season.