It wasn't just Dominik Kaiser that said his goodbyes to the Leipzig fans on Sunday, as Naby Keita and Nicklas Dietrich bode farewell before embarking on their own new adventures.
Our now former athletic trainer (at Leipzig since 2015) will ply his trade with the German Football Association (DFB), while our number eight (at Leipzig since 2016) is making the switch to English club Liverpool.
Naby has really found his way into the hearts of Leipzig fans since arriving at the club two years ago. The moment in which he scored the winning goal in Leipzig's first ever Bundesliga win against Dortmund will never be forgotten. The way in which he dribbled through the midfield with ease and always left his opponents on their heels will always be looked back upon fondly as well. In total, Keita scored 17 goals and collected 15 assists in 71 total competitive appearances for RB Leipzig.
merci, naby! danke, nick! We wish you all the best for the future.
Naby Keita factfile:
- Date of birth: 10th February 1995 (Conakry, Guinea)
- Age: 22
- Nationality: Guinean
- Preferred foot: right
- Height: 1.72m
- Position: Midfield
- Bundesliga: 58 games | 14 goals | 13 assists | 4379 minutes played
- Champions League: 5 games | 2 goals | 419 minutes played
- Europa League: 5 games | 2 assists | 446 minutes played
- DFB-Pokal: 3 games | 1 goal | 223 minutes played
- Total: 71 games | 17 goals | 15 assists | 5943 assists