The next home game for Die Roten Bullen is on the horizon! After reaching the Europa League round of 16, the Roten Bullen now have to redirect their attention to the Bundesliga for a Sunday evening clash with 1. FC Köln.
Head coach Ralph Hasenhüttl spoke to the media about the Europa League opponents, the upcoming home games and provides an update on the squad’s fitness.
RALPH HASENHÜTTL ON...
... the Europa league round of 16 opponents:
- "It's a big achievement for us to have reached the last sixteen and still be involved in the Europa League. It goes without saying there are no easy teams in the Europa League. Zenit St. Petersburg are a team who have a lot of quality within their ranks and find themselves in second place in the league behind Lokomotiv Moscow. We're looking forward to the challenge."
... facing 1. FC Köln:
- "1. FC Köln are having a very solid second half to the season. They've lost some games narrowly and unfortunately. Besides, with the likes of Jonas Hector in their ranks, they have players who can cause problems.
I know the new head coach, Stefan Ruthenbeck, from my time at Aalen. He lets the lads play their game and they are a team who never give up and will give their all no matter what.
On Sunday, we have a home game and we want to win like we did at home against Augsburg. We have to be right at it from the get-go!"
- Willi Orban has recovered after requiring stitches in his knee after the game in Frankfurt and is available to play on Sunday.
- Naby Keita trained individually on Friday as the midfielder seeks to overcome an ankle injury, It's unclear wheter he'll feature on Sunday.
- With a win at home versus 1. FC Köln, RB Leipzig will celebrate their 100th home league win.
- Harm Osmers will be the official.