FC Bayern started the season well with two wins in the opening two games, but were beaten 2-0 by Hoffenheim on the third matchday. The record champions currently have six wins, two draws and one loss from the opening nine league games and are therefore sitting in second place in the table, equal on points with Borussia Dortmund.
Lewandowski, the top scorer for the club, has scored nine goals already this season for Munich in the first nine games. In addition, Lewandowski and Arjen Robben are the most successful striker duo for the club this season.
FC Bayern’s last three league results:
- Matchday 9: Hamburger SV 0-1 FC Bayern Munich
- Matchday 8: FC Bayern Munich 5-0 SC Freiburg
- Matchday 7: Hertha BSC 2-2 FC Bayern Munich
Joshua Kimmich back at the Red Bull Arena
Joshua Kimmich made 53 appearances for Die Roten Bullen between 2013 and 2015, scoring three goals and making four assists.
In 2015 he was transferred to FC Bayern and has developed into one of their key players. The 22-year old made his debut for the national side in May 2016 and has now made 24 appearances for Germany.
Kimmich captained Germany for the first time during the Confederations Cup in Russia. He took over the captaincy after Julian Draxler was subbed off in the match against Cameroon.
Thomas Strunz on Joshua Kimmich
- The average age of Bayern's squad is 26.5 and thus over the Bundesliga average of 25.3
- Munich's back four of Boateng, Alaba, Hummels and Kimmich is one of the best in the world
- Centre-back Niklas Süle has the best pass accuracy of the league with 93.9%. Other Bayern players up there in that stat are Rafinha, Tolisso, Thiago, Alaba and Boateng
- Strike duo Robert Lewandowski and Arjen Robben are the second most dangerous strike partnership in the league
- Four players are missing for the Bundesliga champions.
- Thomas Müller is out for around six weeks with thigh injury and Bayern will have to wait up to six weeks for his return.
- Manuel Neuer is out long-term after breaking his foot in the middle of September.
- Franck Ribéry is also missing. He is looking to return in December after tearing ligaments in his knee.
- Juan Bernat adds to FCB's injury list and has been out for three months with a foot injury.